The June 15 battle between India and China at Galwan Valley in Ladakh is unprecedented in several ways. It was on this day that People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China shed its facade of professionalism and came out as thugs. PLA soldiers brought in barbed wires, iron rods, nail-studded clubs and sticks to badger the Indian soldiers. They had expected the Indian soldiers to run away and use visual footage of the ensuing spectacle for its psychological propaganda. Alas, much like the low-quality Chinese products this Chinese script too had a very short shelf-life. And what happened on June 15 was a completely different story.
The soldiers of Indian Army fought like lions, the frigid mountainous ridges around Galwan Valley echoed with roars of “Jai Bajrang Bali” — the battle cry of Bihar Regiment which was hunting down Chinese soldiers. But while the Indian soldiers fought valiantly for almost eight hours, a bunch of journalists, defense experts and some veterans ganged up and unleashed their fangs. Their concerted efforts to twist the developments at Galwan Valley has created confusion all around the country. In fact, this cabal is part of China’s propaganda machinery who have waged a psychological war against India.
However, after several interviews with former Indian Army Commanders, discussion with experts in geostrategy and off-the-record briefings, I can say in most certain terms that India continues to be strong against China. Here are the main points that we need to understand about India China battle at #GalwanValley.
1.Indian Army soldiers of the Bihar Regiment fought bravely and embraced martyrdom only after slaughtering the Chinese soldiers who had dared to transgress at the Galwan Valley.
2. In this fierce battle 20 Indian soldiers were martyred but they fought like lions till the end. Chinese side suffered heavy casualties. More than 30 Chinese soldiers were killed in this battle. Intelligence intercepts of Chinese social media platforms say casualties on the Chinese side is much-much higher. But I am putting this figure at 30 because China has accepted this number.
3. China had expected to see the back of Indian soldiers at Galwan Valley on June 15. Dragon had hoped to use this as propaganda material against India and present Xi Jinping as China’s powerful leader. Instead, soldiers of the Bihar Regiment stood their ground and fought valiantly.
4. Soldiers of the Bihar Regiment were not unarmed. Responding to Chinese treachery on the night of June 15 they fought like lions, broke the neck of several Chinese soldiers, scooped their eyes out and smashed their heads with stones. All this while roaring the Battle Cry of Bihar Regiment.
5. Battle Cry of Bihar Regiment is “Jai Bajrang Bali”.
6. Indian soldiers fought bravely at a place where it’s difficult to stand still even for 30 minutes. And yet the Indian soldiers stood their ground and hunted down the Chinese soldiers.
7. While chasing the retreating Chinese soldiers eight Indian soldiers were cordoned off by hundreds of Chinese soldiers who were then returned back to India in exchange of several Chinese soldiers in the custody of Indian Army. India also returned back the dead bodies of Chinese soldiers.
8. Indian Army convoys have now been deployed along the LAC in Ladakh. India is sending more troops along the LAC in Galwan Valley, PangongTso Lake and other places. India’s fighter aircraft are on high alert. We need to trust our armed forces. They are in combat positions. They have not gone to the LAC for a picnic!
9. Geostrategy and combat readiness must be secret. Every military strategy and military movement cannot and must not be discussed in public.
10. Pressurizing the Indian government to reveal finer details of our military strategy will only help China. Writing detailed accounts of our troop deployment will only help China.
11. China’s PLA (People’s Liberation Army) is no match to Indian Army. Please bury the ghosts of 1962. Barely 5 years after 1962, Indian Army slaughtered around 900 Chinese soldiers at the Nathu La and Cho La battle in Sikkim.
12. In the coming days China will step up its efforts to spread rumours about Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. This is dragon’s psychological war. Please don’t fall for it.
13. China knows it cannot wage a direct fight with India but it will indulge in psychological warfare. Sadly, several Indian journalists, experts and communists will side with China in this psychological war. In 1962 they sided with China, and they will do so again.
14. At this time we need to trust our armed forces. Remember this is not a political battle to win elections, rather this is India versus China.
15. Tibet, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Xinjiang (Uighurs), CPEC, Gilgit-Baltistan, etc. China has several weak points (look at the map) India will pick up a spot to strike. There will be no knee jerk reaction but a well calibrated Indian Response.